Since 1919, Egan has been the mechanical contractor that West Michigan construction managers and building owners depend on for the highest quality work. Egan is dedicated to hiring individuals who understand the importance of safety, instill integrity in all aspects of their lives, are passionate about what they do and committed to providing value to our customers.
We are looking for HEAVY CHILLER MECHANICS to work with our HVAC customers in our service coverage area. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to join a growing team of dedicated HVAC mechanics and engineers, we’re interested in meeting you.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair of heavy air- and water-cooled chillers.
- Maintain and perform specific service tasks for heavy chillers.
- Perform seasonal inspections and cleaning of heavy chillers.
- Manage the requisition of supplies and materials to complete projects.
- Weekly tracking of resources, project progress and posting.
- Document project events that impact the schedule, scope of work, and project efficiency.
- Schedule project specific commissioning resources with control technician/engineer; and communicate commissioning documentation.
- Keeps customer informed on the nature of service provided, outstanding issues and recommend system enhancements, upgrades, and/ or repairs.
- Troubleshoot HVAC equipment, systems, controls, and refrigeration.
- Perform equipment startups, warranty repairs, service repairs, scheduled maintenance, and offer sales support to customers.
Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge and understanding of HVAC industry applications, ability to read and understand MEP drawings and specifications, and electrical, network and control wiring diagrams (Required)
- Understand the sequence of operation of equipment and systems.
- STAR certification preferred.
- Previous experience in Heavy Chiller service.
- Punctual, courteous, organized and customer service oriented.
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to keep accurate and legible daily records.
- Must have a valid Michigan Driver's license – minimal violations.
- Ability to handle physical workload.
- Ability to work alone and in a team environment.
- Travel to Kalamazoo office and Grand Rapids office will be required.
- Travel to the customer site will be required.
- Superior organizational and planning skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, Day Shift, 8 Hours/Day
Location: Ability to commute. Travel to customer sites and the Grand Rapids/Kalamazoo/Benton Harbor offices (Required)