Since 1919, Egan has been the mechanical contractor that West Michigan construction managers and building owners depend on for the highest quality work.
Egan is dedicated to hiring individuals who understand the importance of safety, instill integrity in all aspects of their lives, are passionate about what they do and committed to providing value to our customers.
We are looking for an HVAC Service Technician to work with our HVAC customers in and around the Kalamazoo area. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to join a growing team of dedicated project managers and engineers, we’re interested in meeting you.
- Manage the requisition of supplies and materials to complete projects.
- Weekly tracking of resource and project progress and posting.
- Document project events that impact the schedule, scope of work, and project efficiency.
- Coordinate and pursue project specific billing with service biller.
- Schedule project specific commissioning resources with control technician and control engineer; and communicate commissioning documentation.
- Keeps customer informed on the nature of service provided outstanding issues and recommends system enhancements, upgrades, and or repairs.
- Troubleshoots HVAC equipment, systems, controls, and refrigeration.
- Performs equipment startups, warranty repairs, service repairs, scheduled maintenance, and offers sale support to customers
Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge and understanding of HVAC industry applications, ability to read and understand MEP drawings and specifications, and electrical, network and control wiring diagrams (Required)
- Understands the sequence of operation of equipment and systems.
- STAR Certified
- Previous experience in HVAC service.
- Punctual, courteous, organized and customer service oriented.
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to keep accurate and legible daily records.
- Must have a valid Michigan Driver's license – minimal violations.
- Ability to handle physical workload.
- Ability to work alone and in a team environment.
- Travel to Kalamazoo office and Benton Harbor/St Joseph office will be required.
- Travel to the customer site will be required.
- Superior organizational and planning skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Monday – Friday, Day Shift
- 8 Hours/Day
- Ability to commute.
- Travel to customer sites and the Grand Rapids/Kalamazoo/Benton Harbor offices (required)