Project Engineer: Andy J. Egan Company, mechanical contractor, has an opening for an Project Engineer in our Fabrication Shop.
This Individual will report to Fabrication Project Managers and be responsible for estimating and managing multiple jobs simultaneously, working with all Egan departments and customers. The position requires the ability to seek out work with existing and new clients. This person will be working with (in some capacity) quality control, code work, mechanical systems, welding (pipe) procedures and qualifications, and gas work.
Position: Project Engineer
Department: Fabrication Shop
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Benefits: Medical/Dental Insurance (employer paid premiums), 401(k), PTO & Paid Holidays
Hours: Salary Position, 7am – 4:30pm
- Estimate and bid off prints, plans, isometric, and P&ID drawings (manually and computerized)
- Produce complete and professional estimates and proposals, ready to submit.
- Write purchase orders, subcontracts, and change orders.
- Develop/review and process RFI’s, shop drawings, and submittals.
- Build construction schedules in Primavera P6 and/or MS Project.
- Coordinate purchases, fieldwork, delivery procedures, tools, construction equipment, rental equipment, subcontractors, crane and rigging, and manpower with foreman.
- Attend and/or run progress meetings and turn-over meetings, build and maintain action items, respond to questions, and address issues.
Mechanical/process work experience is preferred as well as experience with quality control within a fabrication/manufacturing setting. Individuals must possess excellent management, communication (verbal and written), and organization skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Office and web-based systems are required. Qualified candidate will need to possess a good work ethic, which must include a desire to learn and make efforts for continuous improvements.
- Knowledge of mechanical, process, HVAC and plumbing systems, preferred.
- CWI and/or general weld knowledge, preferred.
- Quality Management and Quality Control knowledge
- Code Vessel knowledge, preferred.
- Gas Transmission Work, preferred
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org