Andy J. Egan Company, mechanical contractor, has an opening for a full-time piping estimator. Individual would be responsible for estimating multiple jobs simultaneously. The position may also require the ability to seek out work with existing and new clients.
Position requires an individual who is extremely professional, demonstrates high standards, integrity, thrives in a fast paced environment, and works well under pressure. Experience in the construction industry is required.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate for this position should have strong communication and organizational skills, along with good attention to detail. Trade (field) experience is highly preferred. Individual will need to be familiar with plumbing, mechanical, and steam codes. Proficiency with Microsoft Office is required. Experience with Trimble Autobid and Sage preferred. Qualified candidate will need to possess a good work ethic, which must include a desire to learn and make efforts for continuous improvements.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Estimate and bid off blue prints (manually and computerized)
- Ability to develop estimates based on P& I.D. drawings
- Write purchase orders
- Process shop drawings
- Develop construction schedule
- Coordinate purchases, fieldwork, delivery procedures, tools, construction equipment, rental equipment, subcontractors, crane and rigging, and manpower, with the foreman
- Participate in prebid walk thru’s
- Participate in post bid presentations
Qualified candidates may download and complete our employment application. Submit application and resume to email@example.com or 2001 Waldorf NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49544.