Since 1919, Egan has been the mechanical contractor that West Michigan construction managers and building owners depend on for the highest quality work.
Egan is dedicated to hiring individuals who understand the importance of safety, instills integrity in all aspects of their lives, are passionate about what they do and committed to providing value to our customers.
We are looking for an experienced Building Automation Controls Engineer to be responsible for the design, documentation, programming, testing, and implementation of commercial building automation system projects. The successful candidate will be able to perform engineering on several projects while meeting or exceeding time, quality, and budget constraints for each project.
- Analyze project performance standards, specifications, cost estimate, and deliverables.
- Develop a Building Automation System to meet the requirements, including coordinated drawings and product selection.
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor the assigned projects.
- Interact with clients to interpret their needs and requirements and represent them in the field.
- Develop programs for application specific and supervisory level system controllers and perform system simulations to ensure proper operation.
- Manage project cost and time constraints.
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with construction managers & customers and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support.
- Perform and document system commissioning and sequential testing.
- Provide system operation owner’s training, documentation, written operating instructions.
Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge and understanding of HVAC industry applications, ability to read and understand MEP drawings and specifications, and electrical, network and control wiring diagrams (Required)
- Degree in Engineering (preferably HVAC Engineering).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio (Required)
- Proven work experience in Building Automation Controls Engineering
- Working knowledge of BAS engineering software packages, specifically Johnson Controls Facility Explorer or Metasys, and Tridium Niagara.
- BS degree in Engineering (preferable HVAC Engineering degree).
- Comfortable working around 3 Phase, 460-volt electrical panels.
- Microsoft Office skills: Word, Excel, & Visio, MS project.
- Familiarity with health and safety regulations and best practices.
- Ability to multitask and work on multiple projects at a time.
- Project management and supervision skills.
- Travel to the customer sites will be required to support all three offices (Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo andBenton Harbor).
- Superior organizational skills and time management.
- Decision making ability, accountability, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, Day Shift, 8 Hours/Day
Location: Ability to commute and travel to customer sites and the Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo and Benton Harbor offices (required)