Assistant Project Manager/Estimator – Fabrication Shop
This individual will be responsible for estimating and managing multiple jobs simultaneously, working with all Egan departments. The position also requires the ability to seek out work with existing and new clients. This role will require working with (in some capacity) quality control, code work, mechanical systems, along with pipe and structural welding procedures and qualifications. Candidates must possess strong leadership abilities while building and maintaining professional relationships.
- Estimate off blueprints, ISOs, and/or P&ID drawings (manually and computerized)
- Produce complete estimates and write thorough and professional proposals
- Read and interpret project specifications for estimation and project adherence
- Organize and prepare accurate submittals
- Develop and maintain construction schedules
- Coordinate purchases, labor schedules, delivery procedures, subcontractors, and manpower with foreman
- Attend and/or run progress meetings, maintain task lists, and respond to questions and address issues
Mechanical/process work experience is preferred as well as experience with quality control within a fabrication/manufacturing setting. Individuals must possess excellent management, communication, and organization skills. Qualified candidates will need to work well with others in a team setting and possess a good work ethic, which must include a desire to learn and make efforts for continuous improvements.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and communicate effectively and with diplomacy
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Project
- Maintain task lists on both an individual and team level
- Lead and/or attend meetings and present information and project needs professionally
- Maintain accurate project cost control and forecasting
- Understanding of mechanical, process piping, HVAC and plumbing systems
- Familiarity with a Quality Management System
- Process oriented and possess the ability to follow, analyze, and refine processes
- Welding knowledge
- Code vessel knowledge
- Structural design knowledge
- Understanding of MRP systems
Candidates may complete our online employment application. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.